Should I spend my stash of $5 bills or should I save it for a rainy day?
These are questions I used to ask myself but don’t anymore. I’ve come to accept the fact that, for me at least, the money I’ve saved in $5s is more than a savings account. It’s actually become a magnet for all sorts of abundance in my life: health, relationships, family, travel, career and more.
Does this mean you can never spend your $5 stash? Absolutely not. That decision is entirely up to you.
If you need a little bit of help deciding what to do with all the $5 bills you’ve been saving, here’s a short list of ways you could put your money to good use.
1. Use it to buy something you really need, whether that’s a pair of good winter boots, a new car, or a safe deposit box to save your $5s.
2. Use it to crowd source yourself and fund a passion or a dream: a trip to Europe, the down payment on a condo or house, maybe a new business of selling jewelry or crafts on etsy.
3. Give it away—to someone or something you believe in—a child who needs some extra money, a non-profit you believe in, an agency assisting refugees as they resettle.
4. Use it to finance a one time splurge. Depending on the size of your stash, that could mean anything from dinner for four at a great local diner, or a trip around the world.
5. Keep it as inspiration for more abundance to come!
Readers, what are you doing with the $5s you save? As always, I would love to read your comments in the section below! Happy 2016!
Yours in Fives,